Featured Post

The Welcome to Rota Book

It has been 2 years since the Welcome to Rota paperback book was first published, and I am so proud to announce that it has received nothing...

Friday, August 3, 2012

Updating Photo Albums

As a mom, I am responsible for photographing my family. Even in the digital age, it is still sometimes an effort to take pictures on my camera, my phone, and my camcorder. Usually my ritual is to post phone pictures immediately to Facebook, and then once a month upload my camera pictures to Facebook too. Then every 3 months, I upload them all to Target and order the numbers and sizes I need for their albums. Then I sort them by child, put them in the albums, write captions, dates, and adorable comments. My mom always made an effort to keep good photo albums for us, back when she had to take multiple pictures to get doubles, and develop film instead of uploading. And it's not just so my kids will thank me and appreciate them "some day." Already, they enjoy looking through the pages, seeing relatives, and hearing about things they did and places we went before their little memories started to retain anything.
Last week, as I was organizing the bookshelf with the kids' photo albums, I realized I had not updated them for a long time-- since Christmas, in fact! Since that time, Daddy came back from deployment, Alex was baptized, we visited relatives several times, and we celebrated all kinds of holidays. We also finally posed for family photos with all 5 members together. I realized I should update their photos before we move and the photo albums end up in storage for a few more months! So last week I undertook the massive task of uploading hundreds of pictures and sorting through them and ordering prints. They all came in the mail today, so I had a very exciting evening putting them into albums and picture frames. My husband was laughing at how excited I got by how good they looked when they were done. I love my beautiful family! And I am so grateful for my friend Haleigh's photography skills at SoS 4:7. I hope you enjoy the updated pictures on the blog, too! Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment