Featured Post

The Welcome to Rota Book

It has been 2 years since the Welcome to Rota paperback book was first published, and I am so proud to announce that it has received nothing...

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Applying for passports... Again.

A month ago, when my husband first got his orders to Rota, Spain, we rushed to complete passport applications for the entire family. The kids obviously haven't needed one before, and my husband has only traveled on deployments, when passports aren't needed! Even I needed a new one, since my old passport still had my maiden name. So we went through the military channels and got the no-fee passports, which don't cost us anything. However... The no-fee passport contains a page stating you are traveling with a military personnel on orders to a particular duty station. So it can get us into Spain, but not anywhere else in Europe. Well that's no fun! So now we have to apply for regular passports for everyone. Only trouble is we still have all our original birth certificates tied up with the no-fee passports, which we haven't received yet. So, since my sons were born in this county, I picked up extra birth certificates for them the other day. Then we all went and got photos taken, and submitted passport applications for my husband and our boys. If all goes well, they will be processed and mailed to us before we leave! My daughter and I were born in Maryland, so when we are up there in a few weeks we can get expedited passports for us! Expensive, but definitely worth it so we can travel wherever we want. Cross your fingers and hope that we get them all in time, since we are flying to Spain in 1 month and currently have... No passports for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment