Featured Post

The Welcome to Rota Book

It has been 2 years since the Welcome to Rota paperback book was first published, and I am so proud to announce that it has received nothing...

Monday, September 10, 2012

Last night in America!

And we're off to Spain in the morning! The bags are packed, the kids are in bed, and we are enjoying our last night in America: steak dinner, milkshake dessert, and football on TV. Things are going to be so different from now on! But I think we're ready for it. We have said our goodbyes to family and friends, and yes it is a little sad that we are going to miss so much and be so far away from those we love. But... I think it is all going to be worth it. Yes, I am a little nervous, anxious, and afraid of our ridiculous layover and flight tomorrow... but there will be a time in just a few days where we will be sitting in a hotel just off the beach in Spain, with bellies full of sangria and paella and just loving life!
So, ignoring the crazy travel day ahead of us, here's wha I am looking forward to the most in the next few months:
1. Spanish food! My husband and I are both excited to experience new food, learn to cook it, and enjoy lots of wine and seafood.
2. Living right near the beach. Warm weather, beautiful location, we are going to love it!
3. Exploring new places as a family.
4. Making new friends. This is usually a slow challenging process for me, but rewarding once I finally get comfortable opening up to people.
5. A new church community. I really really hope to make some good Catholic friends. There will obviously be plenty of churches to check out, so I look forward to new communities.
6. Christmas in Rome!!! This is our first big trip that we are planning, and my husband and I are really looking forward to it!

So I will just keep thinking these happy thoughts as we get through our layover and 7 hour flight with the kids tomorrow. I am sure we will miss plenty of things about America, but for now I am feeling prepared. I'll see you all on the other side (of the Atlantic!)

No comments:

Post a Comment