Featured Post

The Welcome to Rota Book

It has been 2 years since the Welcome to Rota paperback book was first published, and I am so proud to announce that it has received nothing...

Monday, December 31, 2012

In 2013...

- my husband and I will have known each other for 13 years, almost half our lives!
- our children will turn 5, 4, and 2
- we will celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary :-)
- with the exception of short 'business trips' we will spend the whole year together, deployment free- for the first time in 4 years
- we will spend the whole year in Spain, but have family visits in may, July, September, and possibly December, seeing almost our our siblings and parents!
- Sophie and Danny will both be able to attend Spanish school in the fall... If we want them to
- I will continue to follow a healthy lifestyle, explore new foods, track with Weight watchers, and exercise regularly
- I will keep growing in faith by praying the rosary regularly with my catholic friends, attending Bible study at the base chapel, and attending church with my family.
- I will already have my bachelors and masters degrees, but I will keep learning new things every day, and save money for our children to earn their education
- I hope to read a lot more books, and listen to more audiobooks
- we will travel a bit in southern Spain, hopefully catch some fun local events, and probably take one big family vacation, not sure where!
- we will keep our family fiscally responsible and debt free
- I will continue blogging about our adventures, partially to maintain memories of our time here, and partially to help me keep a positive attitude about traveling with our children. Also, because I like writing and photography. ;-)
- I will miss my North Carolina friends, my Quantico friends, my college friends, and even some of my high school friends. But I will make new Rota friends and enjoy the time I can share with them
- I will continue to study Spanish, and hopefully work up the courage to make some Spanish friends and practice and improve my speaking skills with them
- help support the families of my husband's unit by volunteering as their Ombudsman to assist in event planning, communication, and crisis situations
- try to write more and keep in better touch with my family in the States and around the world

Some of these are resolutions, but most of them are things I already do, and just want to consciously pursue or improve in the coming year. I believe in constant improvement in all areas of life, but if you don't have goals and routines it is easy to get lazy or simply forget about certain things. I think if I had to choose one thing as a resolution it would be to learn more Spanish because I have actually been neglecting that. But if I had to choose one priority for the year, it would be to enjoy the time with my family and grow more in love with all of them. How do you want to grow or change in 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment