Featured Post

The Welcome to Rota Book

It has been 2 years since the Welcome to Rota paperback book was first published, and I am so proud to announce that it has received nothing...

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

4 more for the Corps

Today we had the honor of witnessing my husband reenlisting for another 4 years in the Marine Corps. I missed his last Reenlistment ceremony in 2008, so I was really glad I could attend this one - with all 3 kids we have had since then! I am really grateful for all his hard work and sacrifice, and hearing the compliments from his commanders made me very proud of my husband. _I_ know he's an amazing man and an awesome Marine, but it's nice when someone else acknowledges it. And they even recognized me for my service supporting the Corps with a wife award! It was a very brief, but important ceremony. The Marine Corps has become a central part of our lives, and we are ok with that. We have been through a lot of ups and downs, but have no qualms about the next 4 years, especially since most of them will be spent in Spain!

In some ways 4 years seems like a long time. But the last 3.5 in Jacksonville have gone very quickly. We were busy with 2 deployments, 2 births, and taking care of our house. The next few years should be a little less rushed : no deployments (yay!), no babies planned, and lots of opportunities to travel and see Europe with our family! So here we go, on day one of doing 4 more for the Corps!



No comments:

Post a Comment